The Youth Church caters for all ages from birth (in the Crèche) right up to when a young person leaves school at 17 or 18. By that time, it is hoped that the seeds of a Christian faith have been planted and nurtured by the committed staff, lead by Superintendent Andrew Kerr.
The mains aims of the Youth Church are:
- to create a happy, caring and safe environment for our young people.
- to help the young people of our church to grow up in the knowledge of Jesus Christ amd to make an informed decision, when appropriate, to follow Him.
- to support parents/grandparents/guardians as they bring up their children in the Christian Faith.
- to provide a Christian education appropriate to the age group of each child.
- to involve our young people in the life and worship of the congregation.
- to reach out to children with no church connection.
Catering for children under 3, the crèche meets in the downstairs Crèche room during the morning service. Parents/Carers are encouraged to participate in a supervision rota.
This section is for children at Primary School. There are two sub-groups:
- Juniors (for children aged 5 to 8 at Primary school)
- Seniors (for children aged 8 to 12 at Primary school)
These groups meet initially at the morning worship, after which they continue in the Large Hall until the end of worship. A variety of activities take place. Children can come along any Sunday, but a brief registration/consent form must be completed.