The Trekkers normally walk one Saturday per month and have anything from 10 to 25 taking part, with an average of 18 "hardies" who come along faithfully. Members come from the various churches in Carluke, together with a number of non-church goers and friends and family from Motherwell, Hamilton, Glasgow and Edinburgh. So they are well and truly a mixed lot and a really happy bunch!
Most walks are around 7-8 miles, although there are occasional longer treks. Walks have been held in all kinds of weather but on the whole have been blessed with dry days. Suitable clothing and footwear is advised at all times. For information about upcoming walks and advice about clothing or equipment, please click the link to the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Amongst the walks which have taken place since August 2013 are:
- Troon - Smugglers' Trail
- West Linton - Mendick Hill and Garvald
- Motherwell - Clyde Walkway (part)
- Falkirk - Falkirk Wheel and Forth and Clyde Canal
- Peebles - Janet's Brae, Glentress Forest and Eshiels Woodland
- Fife - Lomond Hills
- Ayrshire - Costal Path (part)
- Drumlanrig - Castle and Country Estate
- Aberfoyle and Callander - Rob Roy way (part)
- Greenock - The Cut
We truly live in a very beautiful part of the Great Britain and we are very fortunate that we are able to get out and about to enjoy it.